How and why to verify Wirex account?
Verification is a confirmation of your Personal Information and Residential Address. You need to verify your account if you want to use USD/EUR/GBP with your Wirex wallet, order a Wirex card and operate on our Exchange.
Note: Due to legal compliance checks, you might be obliged to re-verify your Wirex account in a while.
You need to upload two different documents: Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Residence/Address (POA). Both POI and POA documents should correspond to the Personal Information and Residential Address information you provided when applying for the Wirex account.
Proof of Identity (POI) should be a valid government-issued document. It must contain:
- your full name
- date of birth (DOB)
- your photo
- expiration or validity date
High-quality images of the following valid documents are acceptable (choose one from the list below):
- a valid government-issued passport (only page with MRZ code);
- a valid government-issued identity card (both sides);
- a valid government-issued driver's license (both sides);
- for non-resident aliens: a work permit, a resident card or any other identification document issued by the host country.
Proof of address (POA) should be dated within the last 3 months. It must contain your full name, residence address, and issuance date.
How to upload
To verify your Wirex account, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Wirex account.
- Go to the Getting Started section on the left-hand side > click Get Verified now. Or you can click on your name in the right-top corner > Profile > Verify my Profile.
Note: to pass the verification, your Profile information (name, date of birth) needs to reflect the information in the legal documents you are going to submit for verification.
- If your phone number hasn't been verified yet, please verify it: in the Phone number section of the Profile window, enter your phone number and click Verify my phone. You will get the verification code in SMS. In the field that appears, enter the verification code from SMS and click Submit. If the code is correct, your phone number will become successfully verified.
- Fill out the Billing address section. The information here should correspond to the submitted POA document.
- In the Verify your identity section, choose the type of the POI document and upload it. You can also take a photo of the document on your mobile phone. Click Confirm. When submitting the POI from a mobile phone, you'll be prompted to take a selfie. The system will verify it against the photo in your document.
- In the Proof of address section, select your document type from the drop-down list and upload it. Click Submit.
- You will see the submission confirmation. This means the documents were successfully sent for processing.
Note: if the Submit button remains inactive, check if all the fields contain relevant information and are filled out in the right format.
Verification usually takes up to 10 working days. Once documents are verified (or rejected), you will get an email notification.
Have more questions? Submit a request