How and why to verify Wirex account?
This article will explain:
- How to verify your Wirex account
- The documents you need to complete the verification process with Wirex
Verification is a confirmation of your Personal Information and Residential Address. You need to verify your account if you wish to utilize the USD/EUR/GBP features of our account, including access to the Wirex card and ability to operate on our Exchange.
NOTE: In some cases, you are obliged to verify your Wirex account as per Fraud&Risk team demand.
You need to upload two different documents - a Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Residence/Address (POA). Both POI and POA documents should correspond to the Personal Information and Residential Address information you supplied when applying for Wirex account.
We accept the documents in .JPG, .JPEG, .PNG, .PDF formats.
Proof of Identity (POI) should be a valid government-issued document. It must contain:
- your full name
- date of birth (DOB)
- your photo
- expiration or validity date
High-quality images of the following valid documents are acceptable (choose one from the list below):
- a valid government-issued passport (only page with MRZ code);
- a valid government-issued identity card (both sides);
- a valid government-issued driver's license (both sides);
- for non-resident aliens: a work permit, a resident card or any other identification document issued by the host country.
Proof of residency (POA) should be dated within the last 3 months. It must contain your full name, residence address, and issuance date.
Scanned images of the following paper documents are acceptable (choose one from the list below):
- a bill for utilities consumed at your home address (water bill, Internet bill, electricity bill, or any utility bill). NB! Mobile phone bills are not accepted;
- a bank statement with a banker's stamp (must reflect some transactional activity). NB! Online statements are not accepted;
- a council tax bill dated within the last 12 months;
- a government-issued letter relating to tax benefits etc.
Your documents have to be either in English or have a certified translation attached.
How to upload
To verify your Wirex account, follow these steps:
- Login to your Wirex account.
- Navigate to Getting Started section on the left > click on Get Verified now. Or you can click on your name in the right-top corner > Profile > Profile Verification.
Important: please check that your Profile information corresponds to the information contained in the legal documents you are going to submit for verification.
- Choose your document types from the drop-down section and upload them. The size of each file should not exceed 10 MB. Click Submit.
- You will see the submission confirmation. This means the documents were successfully sent for processing.
Note: if the Submit button is inactive, some of the fields either contain inappropriate information, are filled out in the wrong format, or the file size you are trying to upload exceeds 10 MB.
Verification usually takes between 7-10 working days. Once documents are verified (or rejected), you will get an email notification.
Have more questions? Submit a request