How to add bitcoins and altcoins to Wirex bitcoin account?
Have bitcoins (BTC), litecoins (LTC), ethereum (ETH) or any other popular altcoins and want to top up your Wirex bitcoin account with it? You can add them to your Wirex bitcoin account by sending from your external bitcoin/altcoin wallet(s), requesting from family members or friends, or getting paid by your employer. All you need to do is provide them with your wallet address.
Follow the steps below to get the address. If you are a mobile app user, check Wirex App: How to add funds to Wirex bitcoin account article.
- Login to your Wirex account > find Bitcoin Account on the left-hand side.
- Expand actions using 'Down' arrow > select Add Funds.
- Select the cryptocurrency you wish to add.
- You will get your bitcoin or altcoin address and a QR code, as well as the minimum and maximum limits and altcoin/bitcoin conversion rate. You can scan QR code, or Copy the address and share it with your family, friends or colleagues.
- Send funds to the generated address.
Bitcoins will be transferred directly to your wallet. If you sent altcoins, your funds will first arrive in ShapeShift, converted to bitcoin and then sent to your Wirex bitcoin account.
NOTE: Please take note of the limits to avoid losing money. We are not responsible for funds sent outside of the specified limits.
Read this article to find out how long it would take to get the funds.
Currently supported altcoins: the list of supported altcoins changes constantly. Please see the latest supported altcoins at ShapeShift.io.
Have more questions? Submit a request