Why you need to verify your address and how to do it
This article explains:
- The documents you will need to provide to complete the verification process with Wirex
- How to verify your address
Address verification is a confirmation of your residential address. You will need to verify your address if you wish to continue utilizing the USD/EUR/GBP features of the Wirex account, including access to the Wirex card and our exchange services.
NOTE: Due to ongoing regulatory requirements, you may be required to re-verify your documents periodically.
You need to upload your Proof of Residence/Address (POA) that corresponds to the Personal Information and Residential Address information you supplied when applying for your Wirex account.
The POA document should be dated within the last 3 months and it must contain your full name, residential address, and date of issue.
The following documents are acceptable (choose one from the list below):
- utility bill (e.g. water, electricity, internet) that reflects your home address. NB! Mobile phone bills are not accepted;
- a bank statement (must reflect some transactional activity). NB! Online statements are not accepted;
- a council tax bill dated within the last 12 months;
- a government-issued letter relating to tax benefits etc.
How to upload your POA document
To verify your address, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Wirex account.
- When it's time to verify your address, you'll be automatically redirected from the Dashboard to the Verify your Address screen.
- Tap Prove Address.
- On the Confirm residential address screen, check the information contained to ensure it remains correct and tap Confirm.
Note: if the Confirm button is inactive, some of the fields are either empty, filled out in the wrong format or contain invalid information.
- On the Address verification screen, tap Choose document and select the document you'd like to provide for verification.
- Tap the camera icon to take a photo of your POA document. Check that the image of your document is not blurred, does not show any glare and is not cropped. If you need to take another photo, tap Retake. Then, tap Done to save the image.
- If you need to add more photos, tap the camera icon again. When all the photos are added, tap Submit to send your POA documents for verification.
- You will see a submission confirmation. This means your documents were successfully sent for processing.
Verification is usually completed within 20 minutes, although can take longer in certain cases. Once your documents are verified (or rejected), you will receive an email and in-app notification.
Have more questions? Submit a request