Help Center

Help Center

How can we help?

Wirex fees

Ordering a Wirex card and corresponding currency account is free. However you will be charged a nominal monthly fee for account maintenance.

Depending on the currency of your account, the following fees apply:


Wirex fee





Wirex cryptocurrency wallets’ opening & maintenance


Wirex currency account opening

Bank deposit

Cryptocurrency deposit

Funds exchange

crypto → fiat,

fiat → fiat,

fiat → crypto,

crypto → crypto

Wirex card order

Funds transfer between Wirex wallets

Linking local card to Wirex account

Checking source of crypto funds

Maintenance and transactional fees

Fee Type

Payment card





Monthly account maintenance fee




ATM withdrawal at Visa ATM in Europe
(including UK)




ATM withdrawal at Visa ATM International (outside Europe)




ATM Decline at Visa ATM




ATM Balance Enquiry at Visa ATM (where available)




Change PIN in ATM




Online & offline purchases
(ePOS & POS)



$0.28 + 3% of the transaction value

POS Decline at Visa terminal or online




Standing Order payment




Top up with PayPoint

£0.50 + 2.5% of the transaction value



Chargeback payment*




Recall payment*




Trace payment (Payment operations support)*




* your bank may also apply a charge for these the transactions.


  1. Tracing, recalling, and charging back payments must be requested through Customer Support.
  2. In Foreign Exchange transactions, currencies are converted at the relevant wholesale rate.
  3. The currency account monthly maintenance fee is deducted on a monthly basis regardless of your account activity. The first payment will be deducted on the 20th day after your account has been created. Successive payments will then be deducted on or around the same date of each month thereafter. If there is not enough money in your currency account to pay an applicable fee, your account balance will be negative and the only transaction you will be able to mae thereafter is a balance top-up, before being able to continue using the account and card. If your balance remains negative for 2 consecutive months, both the card and account will be closed. You will not be able to open a new account until the fee due is paid.
  4. There are no blockchain fees when sending from one Wirex account to another. However, if you wish to transfer Bitcoin to and from a wallet outside Wirex, you will be subject to blockchain fees. Wirex uses dynamic blockchain fee that is calculated based on blockchain load. Thus, the fee for a transaction may end up being 4 times less during periods of lower blockchain traffic.


Find out more about card limits and currency account limits.


Was this article helpful?
178 out of 235 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request