Ordering a Wirex card and corresponding currency account is free. However, you will be charged a nominal monthly fee for account maintenance.
Depending on the currency of your account, the following fees apply:
Account and Wirex card charges
|Security features (2FA)||Free|
|Account management||£1.00 / €1.20 / $1.50
|Wirex cryptocurrency transfers||Free|
|Wirex FIAT transfers||Free|
|Online card purchase (ePOS)||Free|
|In-store card purchase (POS)||Free|
|ATM (in Europe)||£1.75 / €2.25 / $2.50|
|ATM (outside Europe)||£2.25 / €2.75 / $3.50|
|Transfer||10 BTC per day|
|Online card purchase (ePOS)||£7500 / €8000 / $10000|
|In-store card purchase (POS)||£7500 / €8000 / $10000|
|ATM||£250 / €250 / $250
|Cashback in-store||£50 per day|
|Maximum card balance||£15000 / €16000 / $20000|
- Tracing, recalling, and charging back payments must be requested through Customer Support.
- In Foreign Exchange transactions, currencies are converted at the relevant wholesale rate.
- The currency account monthly maintenance fee is deducted on a monthly basis regardless of your account activity. The first payment will be deducted on the 20th day after your account has been created. Successive payments will then be deducted on or around the same date of each month thereafter. If there is not enough money in your currency account to pay an applicable fee, your account balance will be negative and the only transaction you will be able to make thereafter is a balance top-up, before being able to continue using the account and card. If your balance remains negative for 2 consecutive months, both the card and account will be closed. You will not be able to open a new account until the fee due is paid.
- There are no blockchain fees when sending from one Wirex account to another. However, if you wish to transfer crypto to and from a wallet outside Wirex, you will be subject to blockchain fees. Wirex uses dynamic blockchain fee that is calculated based on blockchain load. Thus, the fee for a transaction may end up being 4 times less during periods of lower blockchain traffic.
- USD denominated cards incur additional $0.28 fee per ePOS/POS transaction.
Have more questions? Submit a request